Another update! Wow!
The past two weeks have all been on TodaysMeet Teacher Tools except for the afternoon I spent dealing with a hurt finger (not exactly badly hurt but I still can’t really use my right index finger to type, it’s annoying). And at some point in there I shipped updates for POODLE (CVE-2014-3566).
And more exciting: all the heavy lifting for Teacher Tools is done! Mute, Topics, My School, Pause, and Transcripts are all done but for a very small list of polish tasks and, of course, testing.
Most recently—read: today—I finished the new signed-in home page, which includes closed rooms. The old version, because it only showed open rooms and could assume that list was probably short-enough, was static, rendered on the server, and sorted by the browser. The home page is an API client application built on top of React and a fairly simple new endpoint that let me add a room name search. Sneak peak!
(I know I can—and will try to—do better visually but the functionality is all there and I would feel OK starting to roll this out.)
I expect React is going to end up in a lot more of the site.
It’s going to be a good weekend to do some polishing and start replacing the word “pre-order” with “upgrade”!