I “star” messages in Thunderbird pretty frequently as a reminder to go back and look at them. But it doesn’t usually work.
Why not? There is no easy way to go back and look at starred messages by default. I could resort each folder, looking for stars, but that’s annoying. I was hoping one of the Smart Folders would be “Starred Messages” but, sadly, I was wrong.
You can’t even easily search for starred messages!
But you can create a new saved search. Here’s how:
- Go to File > New > Saved Search…
- Name it something like “Starred”
- Set “Create as a subfolder of:” to wherever you’d like the folder to live.
- Click “Choose” to pick which folders to search.
- Change the filter to “Status” “is” “Starred”.
- Save it.
Then you can open your saved search in a new tab, or just leave it in the list of folders.
Posted here to save someone else some time.